With over a billion users currently logged in at the moment, Instagram is one of the most popular social networking sites in the world right now. It is quite popular among teens and millennials. Due to the power of visual imagery, it is being increasingly used as a tool by social media marketers as well.
The mainly mobile photo sharing network has one of the easiest apps to use. However, the web version is limited only to a few features and most importantly lacks the feature to upload photos and videos directly from the PC. This can be a hassle if you click your photos with a DSLR and edit them on your PC. Nevertheless, you can use some hacks to upload directly from your laptop/desktop.
- Open the Incognito Tab in the Google Chrome browser
- Now, on the top right corner of the screen, click on the drop down menu.
- Here, click on the option “More Tools”
- A new pop-out menu appears. Click on the options “Developer tools”
- You will now see the developer window. Click on the “mobile” icon.
- Your browser will now change into the mobile version.
- Log in into your Instagram account and see it appear as a mobile version .
- Now, you can upload as you would do with your mobile app.
- Right click on the page and find a drop-down menu.
- Click “Inspect” at the bottom of the menu.
- You will find the developer window.
- Click on the “mobile” icon and switch to the mobile version.
- Open the Instagram webpage and log in to your account
- From here on, follow the same steps as you would in the mobile app.
- On your Safari browser, go to “Safari” and select “Preference”.
- Click on the “advanced” option.
- Now, check the box saying “Show Develop Menu in Menu Bar.”
- Close the developer window and then open a private browsing window.
- Head over to “develop”, selecting it will lead to a drop down menu.
- Here, select “User Agent” and then “Safari—iOS 10 – iPhone.”
- Now, go to Instagram.com and click the camera icon to upload your photo.
Apart from the above methods, one can also use tools/apps like-
The above tools are a great way to manage your Instagram postings if you are an influencer and/or into social media marketing!
Instagram is slowly become the medium of choice for social media marketing and digital marketing initiatives. It is time to learn the intricacies of this versatile social media platform and take advantage of the digital dividend.
You may also like: Social Media Marketing- Is Your Business Future Ready?